Tried a new way to keep my toddler entertained on a holiday weekend: we made play dough together!
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
(Mix these and set aside)
(In a glass 1C measure)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Fill rest of cup with water to 3/4 cup mark
(Microwave to hot: 1 min or so)
(Mix with flour/salt)
Food colouring if desired
1 tablespoon oil
(Stir more, let cool. Don’t add flour until it’s mostly done cooling, even though you’re gonna think it needs it)
Adapted from https://stayathomeeducator.com/absolutely-perfect-no-cook-scented-play-dough-recipe-without-cream-tartar/ but made shorter so I don’t have to try to scroll through a giant blog post while my toddler is helping next time. He’s getting better at measuring and stirring!
The most expensive part of this, without cream of tartar, is the lemon juice, but I had some old stuff on hand so it wasn’t a big deal. I might try vinegar to see if that is a good substitute next time, because we have more of that on hand.
– Woollywormhead’s 2019 mystery hat. It’s blocking right this moment.
– my Lucky Star shawl (blocked, photographed today, but not worn yet!)
– Mom’s Christmas sock #1
Works in progress:
– Mom’s sock #2 (cast on this afternoon)
– Cascadial Wrap (maybe 3/4 done? More? Abandoned again for travel last month, poor thing)
– crochet advent calendar (still going very slowly, by design. I’m planning to do maybe one or two more, just enough to cover our current tiny tree.)
Coming up soon:
– an advent for 2019 has arrived! I haven’t decided if I’m waiting for the 1st or not, but I’m leaning towards the December start.
– maybe that toddler sweater before we go to Ottawa? I’m thinking Antler by Tin Can Knits but it will depend on what yarn I have.
– maybe pulling out my own sweater that’s been hibernating since last year?
My gift knitting this year is just the one pair of socks, unless I suddenly think of something neat (and small) to do, so I’m nicely on track to be able to start that advent calendar. Finishing a toddler sweater might be too ambitious, though.